Flag Day Veterans Breakfast and Flag Retirement Ceremony
Boy Scouts Served Free Breakfast to Thank and Honor Those Who Served For Us
(Omaha, Nebr.) – Saturday, June 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the National Guard Armory in Omaha, the Boy Scouts of America, Mid-America Council hosted a FREE Continental Breakfast to honor the U.S. Flag and recognize the sacrifice and service of our Veterans and the families of deployed Veterans.
Boy Scouts provided an opening ceremony displaying flags from each branch of the military and versions of the U.S. Flag throughout history.
Following the opening ceremony was a program led by local military leaders, both retired and active. Guest Speakers included Colonel Mark Williamson, 55th Wing Vice Commander, and Retired U.S Army Colonel, Byron Diamond.
At the conclusion of the event, all Veterans and Boy Scouts were invited to participate in a flag retirement ceremony led by Denny Deters.
Presented by SAC Federal Credit Union. Sponsored by First Westroads Bank, McGladrey, Aetna, Metro Community College, and VFW Post 2704 US Department.
- Gathering – Dale Webber, WOWTV Channel 6
- Posting of the Colors & Pledge of Allegiance – Order of the Arrow Scouts, Mid-America Council
- Invocation – Chaplain Captain Michael Farar, Chaplain 55th Wing
- Flag Folding Demonstration – USSTRATCOM Color Guard
- Welcome – Dave Webber, WOWTV Channel 6
- SAC Federal Credit Union Address – Gail DeBoer, President & CEO
- Presentation by Colonel Bryon Diamond, US Army, Retired
- Presentation by Joel Schneider, CPL, USMC, Retired
- Key Note Speaker – Col. Mark Williamson, Vice Commander, 55th Wing
- Recognitions and Closing Remarks – Steve Lanni, Council Commissioner, Mid-America Council
- Retirement of the Colors – Order of the Arrow Scouts, Mid-America Council
- Flag Retirement – Denny Deters, Veteran / Boy Scout Volunteer
View photos of the breakfast and flag retirement ceremony on the Mid-America Council Facebook page.
Thank you to all who helped with the Veterans Breakfast and Flag Retirement ceremony today.
Event Coordinator – Stephanie Rall, Mid-America Council
Author & photos – Dixie Wagner, Mid-America Council